BRIGHTON -- A small fire inside a mixing vat forced the evacuation of several employees at the Intertape Polymer Group Monday afternoon.
Brighton Fire Rescue District Chief Mark Bodane said one person sustained a minor burn. An ambulance from Platte Valley Medical Center took the individual to an area hospital. The name and condition were not known.
The plant is on South Fourth Avenue just south of the King Soopers shopping center. There was concern about a potential leak of toluene, which is used for industrial feedstock and as a solvent. It smells like paint thinner. The Intertape Polymer Group also manufactures industrial tape and masking tape, among other products, according to the group's web site.
Bodane said there were no leaks as a result of the fire.
Brighton Fire Rescue District officials got the call around 1:15 p.m. Employees were seen outside the business as they awaited the all-clear to return to work. Fire units cleared about an hour later.