Brighton firefighters knocked down a small basement fire around mid-day April 27.
The fire was in the 300 block of South Seventh Avenue. Brighton Fire Rescue District spokesperson Natalie Ridderboss said everyone got out of the home, including a parrot.
"He (Bon Bon) was on the third floor and seems to be doing just fine," Ridderboss tweeted.
There's no cause for the fire as yet. Ridderboss tweeted that the fire started in and was contained to the clothes dryer in the basement. No one was injured.